The AALS and its Arc of Career Committee and the Program Committee for the 2019 Annual Meeting are pleased to request proposals for the 2019 Annual Meeting to be held January 2 – 6, 2019 in New Orleans.
The 2019 Annual Meeting’s theme, selected by AALS President Wendy Perdue of the University of Richmond is Building Bridges. We encourage program organizers to consider that theme in framing their proposals.
Download the RFP to learn more about general and specific guidelines for each type of program.
All proposals should be submitted using the online submission form.
- Arc of Career programs address a broad range of matters related to the professional development, moving beyond presentations on substantive legal topics to include all aspects of the professional careers of law faculty and administrations. Proposals closed April 13, 2018.
- Open Source programs are traditional scholarly programs other than those sponsored by one of the AALS Sections (e.g., Section on Criminal Justice). Proposals closed April 13, 2018.
- Discussion Group programs provide a setting for discussions among a small group of invited participants. Attendees are welcome. Proposals closed April 13, 2018.
- Symposium programs are extended sessions (half a day or longer) that focus on in-depth scholarly exploration of a topic of academic interest. Proposals closed May 11, 2018.
- Hot Topic programs focus on topics that emerged too late in the year to be included in other types of programs. Proposals are due October 19, 2018.