AALS thanks the many speakers who make the Annual Meeting an extraordinary event! The information below is provided to assist as you prepare for your session.
Please reach out if you have any questions.
Training Video and Written Instructions
As mentioned in the training, your session will be held in a Zoom meeting. Before the day of your session, please make sure you have downloaded the most recent version of Zoom.
Tech staff from our vendor, OpenWater, will begin each session and monitor throughout. Please join the session you are speaking at 10 minutes in advance. You will be able to share your screen, but only presenters may do so. The chat function will be on in every session; please note that all attendees and presenters can see and participate in the chat unless you privately message an individual.
Accessing the Annual Meeting Platform
- Make sure you have registered for the Annual Meeting.
- Several days prior to the meeting, you will receive a link to the meeting directing you to complete a simple two-step authentication process. Once completed, you will have access to the meeting platform.
- Accessing your session:
- Click on the “Sessions” schedule tab to find your session
- 10 minutes prior to session start time, click on “Join Session as Co-host”
- Select your audio option (typically “use computer audio”) and ensure your video is turned on.
- An Open Water technician will greet you and run through the any last-minute questions before the session goes live.
- Close all applications on your laptop except for your browser and turn off all notifications and alerts.
- For the best experience, we suggest using a desktop or laptop computer and Google Chrome internet browser. Download Google Chrome internet browser for free. If you choose to use another browser, please verify that you have the latest version installed.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Zoom.