Want to be part of programming at AALS? The Arc of Career and Program Committees are pleased to request program proposals.
The 2020 theme is “Pillars of Democracy: Law, Representation, and Knowledge.” We encourage program organizers to consider the theme in framing their proposals, but it is not a requirement for submission or selection.
Download the RFP to learn more about specific guidelines for each type of program. All proposals should be submitted using the online form.
All proposals should be submitted using the online submission form.
- Arc of Career programs address a broad range of matters related to the professional development, moving beyond presentations on substantive legal topics to include all aspects of the professional careers of law faculty and administrations. Proposals are due April 12, 2019.
- Open Source programs are traditional scholarly programs other than those sponsored by one of the AALS Sections. Proposals are due April 12, 2019.
- Discussion Groups provide a setting for discussions among a small group of invited participants. Proposals are due April 12, 2019.
- Symposium programs are extended sessions (half a day or longer) that focus on in-depth scholarly exploration of a topic of academic interest. Proposals are due May 10, 2019.
- Hot Topic programs focus on topics that emerged too late in the year to be included in other types of programs. Proposals are due October 18, 2019.