Most programs at the Annual Meeting are planned by sections. The majority of programs are 1 hour 40 minutes in length. There are a few extended programs scheduled for a half day or full day.
- Section Call for Papers Programs include at least one presenter selected from a call for participation.
- Section Co-Sponsored Programs are organized by two or more Sections.
- Section Joint Programs are planned cooperatively between two or more Sections, and Sections participating in a joint program do not typically plan a separate independent program
- Section Pedagogy Programs are designed for new law school teachers.
- Section Works-in-Progress are programs where senior scholars assist junior scholars in preparing their scholarship for submission to law reviews.